There are a number of battery electric cars to choose from on the market these days.
The new i, from mitsubishi is topping the EV charts these days...
The hot selling Mitsubishi electric car, the i-MiEV, looks like a cute gadget, but what it lacks in “esthetic toughness”, it more than makes up for in performance with an attitude.
Years of dedicated work conducted by some of the best engineers in japan crafted the Mitsubishi i with safety, performance, and Eco friendliness in mind.
The end result is a well-designed electric car that is both sleek, and crafty. The engineers at Mitsubishi have a lot of pride invested in this electric car, and for good reason.
Photo By Fedor Selivanov / Shutterstock.com
Reasons that you want to consider:
1. The Mitsubishi i won Japan’s” Automotive Hall of Fame Car Technology of the Year" award in 2009.
i won the award for Japanese Car of the Year: Most Advanced
3. Said to be the “Ecobest 2009" by AUTOBEST in January 2010
4. Mitsubishi battery electric cars won the Environment Special Grand Prize at the 25th International Automobile Festival.
5. The i was one of the five finalists in the 2011 Green Car Vision Competition.
American i-MiEV was rated first in the 2012 Greenest Vehicles of the
7. American Mitsubishi battery electric cars ranked first in EPA's 2012 Annual Fuel Economy Guide.
8. The i ranked as the most efficient EPA certified vehicle in the U.S.
9. The Mitsubishi i-MiEV was the first electric car to sell more than 10,000 units
10. The European New Car Assessment Program (Euro NCAP) awarded the Mitsubishi i with a four star safety rating.
Add on to all those reasons the
federal tax credit of up to 7, 500 dollars, and you have a money saving, Eco friendly car. For more info on the federal tax credit see the irs